Brilliant helps you master concepts in math, science, and engineering by solving fun, challenging problems. Over 4 million members have learned from our community wiki and subscription courses. Through the Brilliant network, people discover the resources they need to succeed, the dream that they can, and the allies to help them.
Our long-term vision is to build a better way for ambitious people who are building their skills to be found directly by organizations seeking talent. To learn more about Brilliant's mission, watch CEO Sue Khim's TEDx talk. To understand more about our approach to our work and products, read our principles.
What you'll do:
As the Computer Science Curriculum Lead, you will play a key role in the growth and evolution of an exceptional body of content. Specifically, you will:
- Design a curriculum covering both practical and theoretical topics, such as debugging, concurrency, object-oriented design, and algorithms
- Provide perspective on what makes a topic in computer science useful or interesting
- Write engaging, inspiring quizzes that build understanding and excite someone about the topic
- Organize complex projects, set goals, and prioritize actions, including managing other content writers
- Gather feedback from users and from Brilliant's own engineering team to improve and iterate
This is you:
- Self-starter who is excited to build a practical and entertaining resource for millions of people
- Excellent programmer with a strong foundation in computer science
- Proficient in multiple and diverse programming languages and paradigms
- Excellent sense of what makes an explanation or example great
- Comfortable taking a few guiding principles and developing an innovative curriculum from scratch
- Strong writing and editing skills, including a solid command of English grammar and usage
- Wants to work in a fast-paced startup environment
Why join Brilliant?
Brilliant has a mission you can get behind. We’re a company that’s helping to bring thinkers from all over the world together and create a platform on which they can excel, learn and contribute.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits – we pay 100% of the premiums
- Equipment budget for computer and peripherals
- Free lunch
- Weekly happy hour
- Flexible vacation time
- Fully-stocked pantry and refrigerator with snacks and drinks
- Sponsorship for conferences and professional development
- A stimulating work environment and a chance to change the world
To land an interview, you will need at least one of the following, in addition to your resume:
- Past activity writing problems, solutions, or wiki pages on Brilliant. Send us your profile link!
- A writing sample that explains a practical computer science concept to a college senior or an entry-level engineer with a theoretical background preparing for industry.
- Technical documentation writing sample, including code snippets that provide an example of usage.