About Brilliant - (Interview about Brilliant from Bloomberg TV)
Brilliant helps you master concepts in math, science, and engineering by solving fun, challenging problems. Over 4 million members have learned from our community wiki and subscription courses. Through the Brilliant network, people discover the resources they need to succeed, the dream that they can, and the allies to help them.
Our long-term vision is to build a better way for ambitious people who are building their skills to be found directly by organizations seeking talent. To learn more about Brilliant's mission, watch CEO Sue Khim's TEDx talk. To understand more about our approach to our work and products, read our principles.
What you'll do:
As a Math and Science Writer, you will write wiki pages that people love to read. You'll play a key role in the growth and evolution of an exceptional body of content. Specifically, you will:
- Independently research topics that are unfamiliar to you
- Focus and simplify to distill big, complex topics down to their components
- Provide perspective on what makes a topic significant or interesting
- Show, not tell, using plenty of examples
- Write well
- Work with the design team to create effective, beautiful images to illuminate concepts
This is a remote work position.
This is you:
- Self-starter who is excited to learn new things
- Strong command of English grammar and usage
- Excellent sense of what makes an explanation or example great
- Enjoys reading, writing, and research, inclusive of topics in math and science
- Can work a minimum of 12 hours per week
- Professional teaching or writing experience is a plus
To land an interview, you will need one of the following, in addition to your resume:
- Past activity writing problems, solutions, or wiki pages on Brilliant. Send us your profile link!
- A mathematical writing sample that explains a concept to an audience of top quartile high school seniors or college math majors.
- A non-academic writing sample, that will help us assess your ability to communicate ideas to an audience of top quartile high school seniors.
- If none of these apply, please take 1-1.5 hours to complete this sample assignment.
This position pays $30/hour.